Nov 20, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
A couple of years ago we had never heard of the concept of assistant hitting coaches. Now they’re everywhere. Matt Quatraro is now the Indians’ guy, the team announced today.
Quatraro was the Tampa Bay Rays Minor League Hitting Coordinator of the last four seasons. He also managed in the Rays system over four seasons from 2006-09. He played in the Rays minor league system too. Indeed, he was the then-Devil Rays’ 8th round selection in the 1996 draft before topping out at Triple-A Durham in 2002. There’s no one more Rays-ful than Quatraro, I bet.
But now he’s in Cleveland.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)