Nov 20, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
A couple of years ago we had never heard of the concept of assistant hitting coaches. Now they’re everywhere. Matt Quatraro is now the Indians’ guy, the team announced today.
Quatraro was the Tampa Bay Rays Minor League Hitting Coordinator of the last four seasons. He also managed in the Rays system over four seasons from 2006-09. He played in the Rays minor league system too. Indeed, he was the then-Devil Rays’ 8th round selection in the 1996 draft before topping out at Triple-A Durham in 2002. There’s no one more Rays-ful than Quatraro, I bet.
But now he’s in Cleveland.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 3
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 36
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)