Nov 20, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
GQ has released its Men of the Year issue. One of the sub-categories: Phenom of the Year. And the winner is Yasiel Puig. Because, with all due respect to Mr. Trout and Mr. Harper, Puig is way more interesting.
GQ spoke with the wonderfully-named Tim Bravo, who was tasked with looking out for Puig and keeping him out of trouble. Bravo makes it sound like it was a hard job, and I imagine it was. But there were some fun times too. Times of wonder:
At first, he couldn’t believe the big-league Gatorade selection—’Ay, Teacher, muchos colores de Gatorade!’ He loved that he could watch The Three Stooges whenever he wanted.
Based on his love of Gatorade and the Three Stooges, Puig is the second player I can compare to my eight year-old son this year.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 0
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 60
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)