Nov 20, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
GQ has released its Men of the Year issue. One of the sub-categories: Phenom of the Year. And the winner is Yasiel Puig. Because, with all due respect to Mr. Trout and Mr. Harper, Puig is way more interesting.
GQ spoke with the wonderfully-named Tim Bravo, who was tasked with looking out for Puig and keeping him out of trouble. Bravo makes it sound like it was a hard job, and I imagine it was. But there were some fun times too. Times of wonder:
At first, he couldn’t believe the big-league Gatorade selection—’Ay, Teacher, muchos colores de Gatorade!’ He loved that he could watch The Three Stooges whenever he wanted.
Based on his love of Gatorade and the Three Stooges, Puig is the second player I can compare to my eight year-old son this year.
- Cliff Lee exits start with apparent arm injury 5
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 127
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)