Nov 21, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
It takes a pretty naive and/or trusting person to listen to everything A-Rod has to say about Biogenesis, PEDs and all of that and conclude that he doesn’t lie and mislead about those things sometimes. Or often, actually. I mean, even defenders of the guy like me wouldn’t bet breakfast on A-Rod being truthful about this stuff. Even if you think that his punishment (and the character judgments of others) don’t fit his crimes, he’s just got too much baggage to be given anything close to the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the veracity of any specific thing he says.
But in case you were one of those people who are inclined to believe what Alex Rodriguez says, the Star-Ledger has consulted with a “body language expert” and she says A-Rod is lying:
Alex Rodriguez lied during his interview with WFAN radio host Mike Francesa Wednesday, body language expert Susan Constantine told NJ.com . . . Constantine watched the interview, which was also broadcast on the YES Network. Rodriguez’s movements and evasive responses to some questions gave away what he was really thinking, the body language expert said.
I don’t know anything about body language science (if it is indeed a science). But I do feel like the least interesting thing about any of this drama is whether anything A-Rod is saying is the truth. The interesting thing is that he’s saying stuff at all, and the impact those things — truthful or otherwise — have on his future, the Yankees future and the future of Major League Baseball’s drug testing and enforcement system.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)