Nov 21, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
It takes a pretty naive and/or trusting person to listen to everything A-Rod has to say about Biogenesis, PEDs and all of that and conclude that he doesn’t lie and mislead about those things sometimes. Or often, actually. I mean, even defenders of the guy like me wouldn’t bet breakfast on A-Rod being truthful about this stuff. Even if you think that his punishment (and the character judgments of others) don’t fit his crimes, he’s just got too much baggage to be given anything close to the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the veracity of any specific thing he says.
But in case you were one of those people who are inclined to believe what Alex Rodriguez says, the Star-Ledger has consulted with a “body language expert” and she says A-Rod is lying:
Alex Rodriguez lied during his interview with WFAN radio host Mike Francesa Wednesday, body language expert Susan Constantine told NJ.com . . . Constantine watched the interview, which was also broadcast on the YES Network. Rodriguez’s movements and evasive responses to some questions gave away what he was really thinking, the body language expert said.
I don’t know anything about body language science (if it is indeed a science). But I do feel like the least interesting thing about any of this drama is whether anything A-Rod is saying is the truth. The interesting thing is that he’s saying stuff at all, and the impact those things — truthful or otherwise — have on his future, the Yankees future and the future of Major League Baseball’s drug testing and enforcement system.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)