Nov 21, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
It takes a pretty naive and/or trusting person to listen to everything A-Rod has to say about Biogenesis, PEDs and all of that and conclude that he doesn’t lie and mislead about those things sometimes. Or often, actually. I mean, even defenders of the guy like me wouldn’t bet breakfast on A-Rod being truthful about this stuff. Even if you think that his punishment (and the character judgments of others) don’t fit his crimes, he’s just got too much baggage to be given anything close to the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the veracity of any specific thing he says.
But in case you were one of those people who are inclined to believe what Alex Rodriguez says, the Star-Ledger has consulted with a “body language expert” and she says A-Rod is lying:
Alex Rodriguez lied during his interview with WFAN radio host Mike Francesa Wednesday, body language expert Susan Constantine told NJ.com . . . Constantine watched the interview, which was also broadcast on the YES Network. Rodriguez’s movements and evasive responses to some questions gave away what he was really thinking, the body language expert said.
I don’t know anything about body language science (if it is indeed a science). But I do feel like the least interesting thing about any of this drama is whether anything A-Rod is saying is the truth. The interesting thing is that he’s saying stuff at all, and the impact those things — truthful or otherwise — have on his future, the Yankees future and the future of Major League Baseball’s drug testing and enforcement system.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 2
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 6
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)