Nov 21, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
It takes a pretty naive and/or trusting person to listen to everything A-Rod has to say about Biogenesis, PEDs and all of that and conclude that he doesn’t lie and mislead about those things sometimes. Or often, actually. I mean, even defenders of the guy like me wouldn’t bet breakfast on A-Rod being truthful about this stuff. Even if you think that his punishment (and the character judgments of others) don’t fit his crimes, he’s just got too much baggage to be given anything close to the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the veracity of any specific thing he says.
But in case you were one of those people who are inclined to believe what Alex Rodriguez says, the Star-Ledger has consulted with a “body language expert” and she says A-Rod is lying:
Alex Rodriguez lied during his interview with WFAN radio host Mike Francesa Wednesday, body language expert Susan Constantine told NJ.com . . . Constantine watched the interview, which was also broadcast on the YES Network. Rodriguez’s movements and evasive responses to some questions gave away what he was really thinking, the body language expert said.
I don’t know anything about body language science (if it is indeed a science). But I do feel like the least interesting thing about any of this drama is whether anything A-Rod is saying is the truth. The interesting thing is that he’s saying stuff at all, and the impact those things — truthful or otherwise — have on his future, the Yankees future and the future of Major League Baseball’s drug testing and enforcement system.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)