Nov 21, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
He was claimed off waivers by the Astros, whose general manager Jeff Luhnow ran the Cardinals’ farm system when Jackson was drafted in the fifth round.
Jackson hardly projects as an impact player, but he’s considered a quality defensive shortstop and has hit .275 with a .714 OPS in 238 games at Triple-A. Last time the Astros claimed a Cardinals shortstop it was Tyler Greene and that didn’t go so well, but Jackson probably has a pretty good opportunity to win an Opening Day roster spot in Houston.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)