Nov 21, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
UPDATE: Salisbury says it’s a done deal and McClure is the Phillies’ new pitching coach.
McClure has served as a pitching coach for the Rockies, Royals, and Red Sox, but was fired by Boston in August of 2012 amid the Bobby Valentine-related mess and there were reports suggesting he was the leak of behind-the-scenes clubhouse details that surfaced.
Setting that aside, McClure has a ton of experience as a big-league pitching coach and … well, the Phillies are running out of other options at this point. Plus, just look at that mustache.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 0
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 16
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)