Nov 21, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
UPDATE: Salisbury says it’s a done deal and McClure is the Phillies’ new pitching coach.
McClure has served as a pitching coach for the Rockies, Royals, and Red Sox, but was fired by Boston in August of 2012 amid the Bobby Valentine-related mess and there were reports suggesting he was the leak of behind-the-scenes clubhouse details that surfaced.
Setting that aside, McClure has a ton of experience as a big-league pitching coach and … well, the Phillies are running out of other options at this point. Plus, just look at that mustache.
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 104
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 35
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)