Nov 21, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
UPDATE: Salisbury says it’s a done deal and McClure is the Phillies’ new pitching coach.
McClure has served as a pitching coach for the Rockies, Royals, and Red Sox, but was fired by Boston in August of 2012 amid the Bobby Valentine-related mess and there were reports suggesting he was the leak of behind-the-scenes clubhouse details that surfaced.
Setting that aside, McClure has a ton of experience as a big-league pitching coach and … well, the Phillies are running out of other options at this point. Plus, just look at that mustache.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)