Nov 21, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI spoke with Brian McCann’s agent, B.B. Abbott, and Abbott said the kinds of things that will help his client get paid. Specifically, that his client will play first base and DH if it means helping out his new team and getting more playing time in the long run.
The biggest thing McCann has working against him in the market is the idea that, at age 30, he has a lot of miles on the odometer behind the plate. If he is willing and able to move around and play other positions, that’ll help things along.
And what is Brian McCann if not flexible and willing to think outside of the box?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8