Nov 21, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI spoke with Brian McCann’s agent, B.B. Abbott, and Abbott said the kinds of things that will help his client get paid. Specifically, that his client will play first base and DH if it means helping out his new team and getting more playing time in the long run.
The biggest thing McCann has working against him in the market is the idea that, at age 30, he has a lot of miles on the odometer behind the plate. If he is willing and able to move around and play other positions, that’ll help things along.
And what is Brian McCann if not flexible and willing to think outside of the box?
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)