Nov 21, 2013, 9:40 AM EST
Alex Speier of WEEI spoke with Brian McCann’s agent, B.B. Abbott, and Abbott said the kinds of things that will help his client get paid. Specifically, that his client will play first base and DH if it means helping out his new team and getting more playing time in the long run.
The biggest thing McCann has working against him in the market is the idea that, at age 30, he has a lot of miles on the odometer behind the plate. If he is willing and able to move around and play other positions, that’ll help things along.
And what is Brian McCann if not flexible and willing to think outside of the box?
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (184)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)