Nov 21, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI spoke with Brian McCann’s agent, B.B. Abbott, and Abbott said the kinds of things that will help his client get paid. Specifically, that his client will play first base and DH if it means helping out his new team and getting more playing time in the long run.
The biggest thing McCann has working against him in the market is the idea that, at age 30, he has a lot of miles on the odometer behind the plate. If he is willing and able to move around and play other positions, that’ll help things along.
And what is Brian McCann if not flexible and willing to think outside of the box?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 10
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)