Nov 21, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI spoke with Brian McCann’s agent, B.B. Abbott, and Abbott said the kinds of things that will help his client get paid. Specifically, that his client will play first base and DH if it means helping out his new team and getting more playing time in the long run.
The biggest thing McCann has working against him in the market is the idea that, at age 30, he has a lot of miles on the odometer behind the plate. If he is willing and able to move around and play other positions, that’ll help things along.
And what is Brian McCann if not flexible and willing to think outside of the box?
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)