Nov 21, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
The Marlins have inquired about free agent third baseman Yuniesky Betancourt … Betancourt can play every infield position but the Marlins are considering him –– and several others–primarily for third base. … Betancourt figures to be a less costly alternative to Juan Uribe, another free agent third baseman the Marlins are considering.
Poor man’s Juan Uribe is honestly a pretty apt description of Yuniesky Betancourt.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 9
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)