Nov 21, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
The Marlins have inquired about free agent third baseman Yuniesky Betancourt … Betancourt can play every infield position but the Marlins are considering him –– and several others–primarily for third base. … Betancourt figures to be a less costly alternative to Juan Uribe, another free agent third baseman the Marlins are considering.
Poor man’s Juan Uribe is honestly a pretty apt description of Yuniesky Betancourt.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)