Nov 21, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Here’s a weird story from Philly.com about the Minnesota Twins and the WWE:
Nikki and Brie Bella, born Nicole and Brianna Garcia-Colace, joined the WWE in 2007. The WWE named them the Bella Twins and trademarked the name, which is a very common practice from the company.
The Twins have apparently taken offense to this trademark and have decided to oppose it. The Twins have filed for an extension in the opposition and have until Feb. 12 to make the opposition official or ask for another extension.
I’d make a lawyer joke here, but Calcaterra might read this.
(And yes, this entire post was merely an excuse for me to mention Tia and Tamera Mowry. Go ahead, sue me.)
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)