Nov 21, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Here’s a weird story from Philly.com about the Minnesota Twins and the WWE:
Nikki and Brie Bella, born Nicole and Brianna Garcia-Colace, joined the WWE in 2007. The WWE named them the Bella Twins and trademarked the name, which is a very common practice from the company.
The Twins have apparently taken offense to this trademark and have decided to oppose it. The Twins have filed for an extension in the opposition and have until Feb. 12 to make the opposition official or ask for another extension.
I’d make a lawyer joke here, but Calcaterra might read this.
(And yes, this entire post was merely an excuse for me to mention Tia and Tamera Mowry. Go ahead, sue me.)
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 86
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 64
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)