Nov 21, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Here’s a weird story from Philly.com about the Minnesota Twins and the WWE:
Nikki and Brie Bella, born Nicole and Brianna Garcia-Colace, joined the WWE in 2007. The WWE named them the Bella Twins and trademarked the name, which is a very common practice from the company.
The Twins have apparently taken offense to this trademark and have decided to oppose it. The Twins have filed for an extension in the opposition and have until Feb. 12 to make the opposition official or ask for another extension.
I’d make a lawyer joke here, but Calcaterra might read this.
(And yes, this entire post was merely an excuse for me to mention Tia and Tamera Mowry. Go ahead, sue me.)
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)