Nov 21, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Kottaras was claimed off waivers from the Athletics last winter and played sparingly this past season with Salvador Perez carrying most of the load behind the plate. The 30-year-old appeared in a total 46 games (29 starts) and hit just .180/.349/.370 with five home runs and 12 RBI over 126 plate appearances.
Kottaras has some power and a knack for getting on base, so he could be a useful part-time catcher depending on where he ends up next.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 2
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 17
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)