Nov 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Of course you do!
You’ll recall earlier this month that several members of the Boston Red Sox shaved their beards at the Gillette’s “World Shaving Headquarters.” Well, they saved all of those beautiful scraggly and curly hairs and made stuff out of it. And now you can buy stuff made out of those scraggly and curly beard hairs. If that’s your thing:
After saying goodbye to their beards at Gillette World Shaving Headquarters on Monday, November 4, you may have thought the famed facial hair was gone forever. Were they washed down the drains of Gillette’s World Shave Headquarters? Flushed into the Atlantic? No. In fact, every strand of the biggest beards of baseball was saved.
The shavings and the actual Gillette Fusion ProGlide razors that were used to shave each champion beard have been assembled as unique pieces of memorabilia in sports history – beard ball trophies – and today, they are up for auction on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going directly to Movember . . .
Interested bidders can place their bids for Victorino’s beard ball trophy here http://tinyurl.com/l8cawvz and Ortiz’s beard ball trophy here http://tinyurl.com/phxe7hk. Bidding on Ortiz’s is up to $177 as I type this. Victorino’s is up to $107.50.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go find assemble my own discarded body hair into some sort of salable good. Or barf. Not sure which.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)