Nov 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Of course you do!
You’ll recall earlier this month that several members of the Boston Red Sox shaved their beards at the Gillette’s “World Shaving Headquarters.” Well, they saved all of those beautiful scraggly and curly hairs and made stuff out of it. And now you can buy stuff made out of those scraggly and curly beard hairs. If that’s your thing:
After saying goodbye to their beards at Gillette World Shaving Headquarters on Monday, November 4, you may have thought the famed facial hair was gone forever. Were they washed down the drains of Gillette’s World Shave Headquarters? Flushed into the Atlantic? No. In fact, every strand of the biggest beards of baseball was saved.
The shavings and the actual Gillette Fusion ProGlide razors that were used to shave each champion beard have been assembled as unique pieces of memorabilia in sports history – beard ball trophies – and today, they are up for auction on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going directly to Movember . . .
Interested bidders can place their bids for Victorino’s beard ball trophy here http://tinyurl.com/l8cawvz and Ortiz’s beard ball trophy here http://tinyurl.com/phxe7hk. Bidding on Ortiz’s is up to $177 as I type this. Victorino’s is up to $107.50.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go find assemble my own discarded body hair into some sort of salable good. Or barf. Not sure which.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 5
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)