Nov 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Of course you do!
You’ll recall earlier this month that several members of the Boston Red Sox shaved their beards at the Gillette’s “World Shaving Headquarters.” Well, they saved all of those beautiful scraggly and curly hairs and made stuff out of it. And now you can buy stuff made out of those scraggly and curly beard hairs. If that’s your thing:
After saying goodbye to their beards at Gillette World Shaving Headquarters on Monday, November 4, you may have thought the famed facial hair was gone forever. Were they washed down the drains of Gillette’s World Shave Headquarters? Flushed into the Atlantic? No. In fact, every strand of the biggest beards of baseball was saved.
The shavings and the actual Gillette Fusion ProGlide razors that were used to shave each champion beard have been assembled as unique pieces of memorabilia in sports history – beard ball trophies – and today, they are up for auction on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going directly to Movember . . .
Interested bidders can place their bids for Victorino’s beard ball trophy here http://tinyurl.com/l8cawvz and Ortiz’s beard ball trophy here http://tinyurl.com/phxe7hk. Bidding on Ortiz’s is up to $177 as I type this. Victorino’s is up to $107.50.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go find assemble my own discarded body hair into some sort of salable good. Or barf. Not sure which.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)