Nov 22, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Natalie Adorno, an 11-year-old die-hard Chicago Cubs fan, isn’t afraid to get loud for her favorite team at Wrigley Field.
“I get the crowd going. When everyone is just standing there bored — well, not bored because they’re watching the game, but like not talking or cheering, then I’m there and they scream,” Odorno said.
But the girl’s cheering habits at Wrigley Field have irked another fan, though, and now the team is getting involved.
The Cubs seem to be cool about this, for what it’s worth. Read the story for the ins-and-outs of the dispute. Which began when another Cubs fan sought out the cheering girl on Twitter to say that he didn’t appreciate her cheering and exuberance.
I can theoretically understand a person being annoyed at some point — everyone has a different tolerance for noise — but a person’s lack of patience for that kind of cheering is way more their problem than this girl’s. And in any event, I can’t actually see seeking out the 11 year-old girl and saying something.
Don’t like crowd enthusiasm? Don’t go to a sporting event.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 50
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 20
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)