Nov 22, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Natalie Adorno, an 11-year-old die-hard Chicago Cubs fan, isn’t afraid to get loud for her favorite team at Wrigley Field.
“I get the crowd going. When everyone is just standing there bored — well, not bored because they’re watching the game, but like not talking or cheering, then I’m there and they scream,” Odorno said.
But the girl’s cheering habits at Wrigley Field have irked another fan, though, and now the team is getting involved.
The Cubs seem to be cool about this, for what it’s worth. Read the story for the ins-and-outs of the dispute. Which began when another Cubs fan sought out the cheering girl on Twitter to say that he didn’t appreciate her cheering and exuberance.
I can theoretically understand a person being annoyed at some point — everyone has a different tolerance for noise — but a person’s lack of patience for that kind of cheering is way more their problem than this girl’s. And in any event, I can’t actually see seeking out the 11 year-old girl and saying something.
Don’t like crowd enthusiasm? Don’t go to a sporting event.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)