Nov 22, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
Natalie Adorno, an 11-year-old die-hard Chicago Cubs fan, isn’t afraid to get loud for her favorite team at Wrigley Field.
“I get the crowd going. When everyone is just standing there bored — well, not bored because they’re watching the game, but like not talking or cheering, then I’m there and they scream,” Odorno said.
But the girl’s cheering habits at Wrigley Field have irked another fan, though, and now the team is getting involved.
The Cubs seem to be cool about this, for what it’s worth. Read the story for the ins-and-outs of the dispute. Which began when another Cubs fan sought out the cheering girl on Twitter to say that he didn’t appreciate her cheering and exuberance.
I can theoretically understand a person being annoyed at some point — everyone has a different tolerance for noise — but a person’s lack of patience for that kind of cheering is way more their problem than this girl’s. And in any event, I can’t actually see seeking out the 11 year-old girl and saying something.
Don’t like crowd enthusiasm? Don’t go to a sporting event.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)