Nov 22, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
Natalie Adorno, an 11-year-old die-hard Chicago Cubs fan, isn’t afraid to get loud for her favorite team at Wrigley Field.
“I get the crowd going. When everyone is just standing there bored — well, not bored because they’re watching the game, but like not talking or cheering, then I’m there and they scream,” Odorno said.
But the girl’s cheering habits at Wrigley Field have irked another fan, though, and now the team is getting involved.
The Cubs seem to be cool about this, for what it’s worth. Read the story for the ins-and-outs of the dispute. Which began when another Cubs fan sought out the cheering girl on Twitter to say that he didn’t appreciate her cheering and exuberance.
I can theoretically understand a person being annoyed at some point — everyone has a different tolerance for noise — but a person’s lack of patience for that kind of cheering is way more their problem than this girl’s. And in any event, I can’t actually see seeking out the 11 year-old girl and saying something.
Don’t like crowd enthusiasm? Don’t go to a sporting event.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)