Nov 22, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
The Cubs announced two key additions to new manager Rick Renteria’s staff, bringing in Bill Mueller as hitting coach and Brandon Hyde as bench coach.
Mueller played 11 seasons in the majors, including 2001 and 2002 with the Cubs, winning a batting title and finishing as a career .292 hitter with a .797 OPS. Most recently he worked as a scout for the Dodgers.
Hyde previously coached in the Marlins’ farm system and spent a year as their bench coach in 2011, but most recently worked in the Cubs’ front office as director of player development.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)