Nov 22, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Boston picked up some relief help, acquiring right-hander Burke Badenhop from Milwaukee in exchange for minor leaguer Luis Ortega.
Badenhop is a strike-throwing ground-ball pitcher who posted a 3.47 ERA and 42/12 K/BB ratio in 62 innings for the Brewers this year and has a 3.68 ERA in 328 total innings since 2009. He’ll likely slot into a middle relief role in Boston’s bullpen while making a couple million bucks via arbitration.
Ortega is a 20-year-old left-hander from the Dominican Republic with 96 career innings, all in rookie-ball.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)