Nov 22, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Boston picked up some relief help, acquiring right-hander Burke Badenhop from Milwaukee in exchange for minor leaguer Luis Ortega.
Badenhop is a strike-throwing ground-ball pitcher who posted a 3.47 ERA and 42/12 K/BB ratio in 62 innings for the Brewers this year and has a 3.68 ERA in 328 total innings since 2009. He’ll likely slot into a middle relief role in Boston’s bullpen while making a couple million bucks via arbitration.
Ortega is a 20-year-old left-hander from the Dominican Republic with 96 career innings, all in rookie-ball.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (84)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (78)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)