Nov 22, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
The M’s are shopping:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 22, 2013
A veteran free agent closer is the sort of luxury a 71-win team usually isn’t well advised to splurge on, but the Mariners have always been a little different than the other teams.
Why not just give the closer job to Danny Farquhar, let him rack up some saves to give him that Proven Closer sheen, and then flip him at the deadline? Or does that make too much sense?
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)