Nov 22, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
The M’s are shopping:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 22, 2013
A veteran free agent closer is the sort of luxury a 71-win team usually isn’t well advised to splurge on, but the Mariners have always been a little different than the other teams.
Why not just give the closer job to Danny Farquhar, let him rack up some saves to give him that Proven Closer sheen, and then flip him at the deadline? Or does that make too much sense?
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)