Nov 22, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
The M’s are shopping:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 22, 2013
A veteran free agent closer is the sort of luxury a 71-win team usually isn’t well advised to splurge on, but the Mariners have always been a little different than the other teams.
Why not just give the closer job to Danny Farquhar, let him rack up some saves to give him that Proven Closer sheen, and then flip him at the deadline? Or does that make too much sense?
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39