Nov 23, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
Wells made more news this year for bouncing around from team-to-team and making relief appearances in blowout games than anything else. The 29-year-old batted .155/.211/.169 with one double and one RBI over 76 plate appearances between the Athletics, White Sox, and Phillies. He didn’t play after August 25 due to vision issues and was removed from Philadelphia’s 40-man roster after the season.
Wells is a strong defender and owns a .778 OPS against left-handers during his career, so he could be a useful platoon player if utilized correctly. There should be opportunity in the Cubs’ outfield next year.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)