Nov 23, 2013, 3:47 PM EST
Wells made more news this year for bouncing around from team-to-team and making relief appearances in blowout games than anything else. The 29-year-old batted .155/.211/.169 with one double and one RBI over 76 plate appearances between the Athletics, White Sox, and Phillies. He didn’t play after August 25 due to vision issues and was removed from Philadelphia’s 40-man roster after the season.
Wells is a strong defender and owns a .778 OPS against left-handers during his career, so he could be a useful platoon player if utilized correctly. There should be opportunity in the Cubs’ outfield next year.
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 0
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 99
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 33
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)