Nov 23, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
After appearing in just two games over the past two seasons due to knee injuries, infielder Scott Sizemore is now looking for a new home.
Sizemore elected free agency yesterday after he was outrighted off the Athletics’ 40-man roster. He missed the entire 2012 season after tearing the ACL in his left knee and appeared in just two games this year before re-tearing the ligament.
Sizemore was a top prospect with the Tigers and showed some potential when he hit .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 93 games after coming over to the Athletics in 2011, so he could be an interesting buy-low in free agency. He doesn’t turn 29 until January.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)