Nov 23, 2013, 11:09 AM EST
After appearing in just two games over the past two seasons due to knee injuries, infielder Scott Sizemore is now looking for a new home.
Sizemore elected free agency yesterday after he was outrighted off the Athletics’ 40-man roster. He missed the entire 2012 season after tearing the ACL in his left knee and appeared in just two games this year before re-tearing the ligament.
Sizemore was a top prospect with the Tigers and showed some potential when he hit .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 93 games after coming over to the Athletics in 2011, so he could be an interesting buy-low in free agency. He doesn’t turn 29 until January.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)