Nov 23, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
After appearing in just two games over the past two seasons due to knee injuries, infielder Scott Sizemore is now looking for a new home.
Sizemore elected free agency yesterday after he was outrighted off the Athletics’ 40-man roster. He missed the entire 2012 season after tearing the ACL in his left knee and appeared in just two games this year before re-tearing the ligament.
Sizemore was a top prospect with the Tigers and showed some potential when he hit .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 93 games after coming over to the Athletics in 2011, so he could be an interesting buy-low in free agency. He doesn’t turn 29 until January.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)