Nov 23, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
After appearing in just two games over the past two seasons due to knee injuries, infielder Scott Sizemore is now looking for a new home.
Sizemore elected free agency yesterday after he was outrighted off the Athletics’ 40-man roster. He missed the entire 2012 season after tearing the ACL in his left knee and appeared in just two games this year before re-tearing the ligament.
Sizemore was a top prospect with the Tigers and showed some potential when he hit .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 93 games after coming over to the Athletics in 2011, so he could be an interesting buy-low in free agency. He doesn’t turn 29 until January.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)