Nov 23, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
After appearing in just two games over the past two seasons due to knee injuries, infielder Scott Sizemore is now looking for a new home.
Sizemore elected free agency yesterday after he was outrighted off the Athletics’ 40-man roster. He missed the entire 2012 season after tearing the ACL in his left knee and appeared in just two games this year before re-tearing the ligament.
Sizemore was a top prospect with the Tigers and showed some potential when he hit .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 93 games after coming over to the Athletics in 2011, so he could be an interesting buy-low in free agency. He doesn’t turn 29 until January.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)