Nov 24, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting on Twitter that the Dodgers and free agent starter Dan Haren have agreed to a one-year, $10 million deal with a 2015 option that vests at 180 innings pitched. The deal is pending a physical.
Haren, now 33 years old, had a shaky first half of the 2013 season with the Nationals. Through 15 starts, he had a 6.15 ERA before landing on the DL on June 23 with inflammation in his right shoulder. He was much improved in the second half, posting a 3.29 ERA from July 8 through his final start on September 28.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17