Nov 24, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting on Twitter that the Dodgers and free agent starter Dan Haren have agreed to a one-year, $10 million deal with a 2015 option that vests at 180 innings pitched. The deal is pending a physical.
Haren, now 33 years old, had a shaky first half of the 2013 season with the Nationals. Through 15 starts, he had a 6.15 ERA before landing on the DL on June 23 with inflammation in his right shoulder. He was much improved in the second half, posting a 3.29 ERA from July 8 through his final start on September 28.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 47
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)