Nov 24, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting on Twitter that the Dodgers and free agent starter Dan Haren have agreed to a one-year, $10 million deal with a 2015 option that vests at 180 innings pitched. The deal is pending a physical.
Haren, now 33 years old, had a shaky first half of the 2013 season with the Nationals. Through 15 starts, he had a 6.15 ERA before landing on the DL on June 23 with inflammation in his right shoulder. He was much improved in the second half, posting a 3.29 ERA from July 8 through his final start on September 28.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)