Nov 24, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting on Twitter that the Dodgers and free agent starter Dan Haren have agreed to a one-year, $10 million deal with a 2015 option that vests at 180 innings pitched. The deal is pending a physical.
Haren, now 33 years old, had a shaky first half of the 2013 season with the Nationals. Through 15 starts, he had a 6.15 ERA before landing on the DL on June 23 with inflammation in his right shoulder. He was much improved in the second half, posting a 3.29 ERA from July 8 through his final start on September 28.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (202)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)