Nov 24, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting on Twitter that the Dodgers and free agent starter Dan Haren have agreed to a one-year, $10 million deal with a 2015 option that vests at 180 innings pitched. The deal is pending a physical.
Haren, now 33 years old, had a shaky first half of the 2013 season with the Nationals. Through 15 starts, he had a 6.15 ERA before landing on the DL on June 23 with inflammation in his right shoulder. He was much improved in the second half, posting a 3.29 ERA from July 8 through his final start on September 28.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 15
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 8
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)