Nov 25, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Abad mostly struggled for the Astros from 2010-2012, but pitched well for the Nationals this year with a 3.35 ERA and 32/10 K/BB ratio in 37 innings. He’ll likely slide into a middle relief role in Oakland, although the A’s bullpen is definitely in a state of flux with closer Grant Balfour a free agent.
Wooten is a 22-year-old corner outfielder who hit .257 with 20 homers and a .764 OPS in 133 games at low Single-A. He was a 37th-round pick in 2012 and isn’t considered much of a prospect.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 338
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 51
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (338)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (143)