Nov 25, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Abad mostly struggled for the Astros from 2010-2012, but pitched well for the Nationals this year with a 3.35 ERA and 32/10 K/BB ratio in 37 innings. He’ll likely slide into a middle relief role in Oakland, although the A’s bullpen is definitely in a state of flux with closer Grant Balfour a free agent.
Wooten is a 22-year-old corner outfielder who hit .257 with 20 homers and a .764 OPS in 133 games at low Single-A. He was a 37th-round pick in 2012 and isn’t considered much of a prospect.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 0
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 23
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 79
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)