Nov 25, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
You won’t have Chad Durbin to kick around anymore:
Pitcher Chad Durbin, one of MLB’s good guys, has retired. He was released by #phillies in late May.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 25, 2013
That release came after he posted a 9.00 ERA in 16 relief appearances. He failed to find an employer after that. For his whole 14-year career he played for six different clubs: the Royals, Phillies, Indians, Tigers Diamondbacks and Braves. He finishes with a 5.03 lifetime ERA in 456 career games.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (142)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)