Nov 25, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
You won’t have Chad Durbin to kick around anymore:
Pitcher Chad Durbin, one of MLB’s good guys, has retired. He was released by #phillies in late May.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 25, 2013
That release came after he posted a 9.00 ERA in 16 relief appearances. He failed to find an employer after that. For his whole 14-year career he played for six different clubs: the Royals, Phillies, Indians, Tigers Diamondbacks and Braves. He finishes with a 5.03 lifetime ERA in 456 career games.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 97
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39