Nov 25, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
I love the use of the word “auditioned.” It makes me think of “X-Factor” or “American Idol” or something. After Wolf throws, a GM and an ex-player, sitting at a table with product placement-festooned cups rip him to shreds. One other guy — maybe a play-by-play guy — says he loved him and to keep his chin up. Wolf looks uncomfortable taking both the the insults and the praise, and later, when a camera is on him alone, he says defiant things about how everyone will be sorry one day for doubting his talent.
For what it’s worth, Rosenthal says that Wolf — who posted a 5.68 ERA in 158 innings for the Brewers and Orioles in 2012 – threw between 87-89 m.p.h. but his curve looked good and he’s getting offers already.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8