Nov 25, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
I love the use of the word “auditioned.” It makes me think of “X-Factor” or “American Idol” or something. After Wolf throws, a GM and an ex-player, sitting at a table with product placement-festooned cups rip him to shreds. One other guy — maybe a play-by-play guy — says he loved him and to keep his chin up. Wolf looks uncomfortable taking both the the insults and the praise, and later, when a camera is on him alone, he says defiant things about how everyone will be sorry one day for doubting his talent.
For what it’s worth, Rosenthal says that Wolf — who posted a 5.68 ERA in 158 innings for the Brewers and Orioles in 2012 – threw between 87-89 m.p.h. but his curve looked good and he’s getting offers already.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)