Nov 25, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
I love the use of the word “auditioned.” It makes me think of “X-Factor” or “American Idol” or something. After Wolf throws, a GM and an ex-player, sitting at a table with product placement-festooned cups rip him to shreds. One other guy — maybe a play-by-play guy — says he loved him and to keep his chin up. Wolf looks uncomfortable taking both the the insults and the praise, and later, when a camera is on him alone, he says defiant things about how everyone will be sorry one day for doubting his talent.
For what it’s worth, Rosenthal says that Wolf — who posted a 5.68 ERA in 158 innings for the Brewers and Orioles in 2012 — threw between 87-89 m.p.h. but his curve looked good and he’s getting offers already.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 6
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)