Nov 25, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
Arroyo, who turns 37 in February, could be looking at a similar framework to the two-year, $23 million deal the Giants gave to right-hander Tim Hudson last week. Of course, Arroyo isn’t coming off a broken ankle, so it would be no surprise if his contract came in a little higher.
Arroyo posted a 3.79 ERA and 124/34 K/BB ratio over 32 starts with the Reds this year and has hurled at least 199 innings in nine straight years. While he’s far from an ace, he would be a welcome addition for a rotation which ranked dead-last in the majors this year with a 5.26 ERA.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)