Nov 25, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
Arroyo, who turns 37 in February, could be looking at a similar framework to the two-year, $23 million deal the Giants gave to right-hander Tim Hudson last week. Of course, Arroyo isn’t coming off a broken ankle, so it would be no surprise if his contract came in a little higher.
Arroyo posted a 3.79 ERA and 124/34 K/BB ratio over 32 starts with the Reds this year and has hurled at least 199 innings in nine straight years. While he’s far from an ace, he would be a welcome addition for a rotation which ranked dead-last in the majors this year with a 5.26 ERA.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)