Nov 25, 2013, 11:01 PM EST
Arroyo, who turns 37 in February, could be looking at a similar framework to the two-year, $23 million deal the Giants gave to right-hander Tim Hudson last week. Of course, Arroyo isn’t coming off a broken ankle, so it would be no surprise if his contract came in a little higher.
Arroyo posted a 3.79 ERA and 124/34 K/BB ratio over 32 starts with the Reds this year and has hurled at least 199 innings in nine straight years. While he’s far from an ace, he would be a welcome addition for a rotation which ranked dead-last in the majors this year with a 5.26 ERA.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (285)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)