Nov 25, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
Arroyo, who turns 37 in February, could be looking at a similar framework to the two-year, $23 million deal the Giants gave to right-hander Tim Hudson last week. Of course, Arroyo isn’t coming off a broken ankle, so it would be no surprise if his contract came in a little higher.
Arroyo posted a 3.79 ERA and 124/34 K/BB ratio over 32 starts with the Reds this year and has hurled at least 199 innings in nine straight years. While he’s far from an ace, he would be a welcome addition for a rotation which ranked dead-last in the majors this year with a 5.26 ERA.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 168
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (170)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)