Nov 25, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
Arroyo, who turns 37 in February, could be looking at a similar framework to the two-year, $23 million deal the Giants gave to right-hander Tim Hudson last week. Of course, Arroyo isn’t coming off a broken ankle, so it would be no surprise if his contract came in a little higher.
Arroyo posted a 3.79 ERA and 124/34 K/BB ratio over 32 starts with the Reds this year and has hurled at least 199 innings in nine straight years. While he’s far from an ace, he would be a welcome addition for a rotation which ranked dead-last in the majors this year with a 5.26 ERA.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)