Nov 25, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
According to Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York the Yankees “plan on talking to the agents for Robinson Cano on Monday to reiterate that they will only be able to keep their best offer on the table for so long.”
Marchand reports that the Yankees are working on possible deals with multiple other free agents even after signing Brian McCann for $85 million and if some of them take New York’s offers the money wouldn’t be available for Cano.
Which … well, I dunno, I have a hard time believing that’s actually how things would play out. If the Yankees truly want Cano back it’s not as if they’re going to allow someone like Carlos Beltran, Omar Infante, or another similar free agent to determine whether it actually happens.
They’ll wait for Cano, because Cano is worth waiting for.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)