Nov 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
A new manager in Lloyd McClendon and a new coaching staff to go with him in Seattle.
The Mariners announced the hiring of Howard Johnson as the new hitting coach, Rick Waits as pitching coach, Andy Van Slyke as first base coach, John Stearns as third base coach, Chris Woodward as infield coach and Mike Rojas as bullpen coach.
Which basically continues baseball’s coolest trend: coaching staffs which essentially track every pack of commons I opened from 1979-1984. But such is the way of aging and the world.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 44
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)