Nov 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
A new manager in Lloyd McClendon and a new coaching staff to go with him in Seattle.
The Mariners announced the hiring of Howard Johnson as the new hitting coach, Rick Waits as pitching coach, Andy Van Slyke as first base coach, John Stearns as third base coach, Chris Woodward as infield coach and Mike Rojas as bullpen coach.
Which basically continues baseball’s coolest trend: coaching staffs which essentially track every pack of commons I opened from 1979-1984. But such is the way of aging and the world.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)