Nov 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
A new manager in Lloyd McClendon and a new coaching staff to go with him in Seattle.
The Mariners announced the hiring of Howard Johnson as the new hitting coach, Rick Waits as pitching coach, Andy Van Slyke as first base coach, John Stearns as third base coach, Chris Woodward as infield coach and Mike Rojas as bullpen coach.
Which basically continues baseball’s coolest trend: coaching staffs which essentially track every pack of commons I opened from 1979-1984. But such is the way of aging and the world.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (216)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)