Nov 25, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
A new manager in Lloyd McClendon and a new coaching staff to go with him in Seattle.
The Mariners announced the hiring of Howard Johnson as the new hitting coach, Rick Waits as pitching coach, Andy Van Slyke as first base coach, John Stearns as third base coach, Chris Woodward as infield coach and Mike Rojas as bullpen coach.
Which basically continues baseball’s coolest trend: coaching staffs which essentially track every pack of commons I opened from 1979-1984. But such is the way of aging and the world.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 8
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 34
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)