Nov 25, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Released via Royals Twitter:
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) November 25, 2013
With the understanding being that, as a rule, I hate the solid tops/different color pants combos, this one is probably one of the better alternates of that style out there. Mostly because they bother to make it look like a baseball uniform rather than just some warmup pullover someone got from the rack in the locker room. There’s a formality to it that works.
That said: the Royals have almost always looked snazzy over the course of their history, even when they went with blue shirts (their powder blues were better than just about everyone else’s). Their only missteps have been the vests and the black accent colors from the early 2000s.
I am kinda surprised to see that this is the first time they’ve ever used the KC logo on the actual jerseys. All in all? Pretty good, if one insists on not wearing road grays.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)