Nov 25, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Released via Royals Twitter:
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) November 25, 2013
With the understanding being that, as a rule, I hate the solid tops/different color pants combos, this one is probably one of the better alternates of that style out there. Mostly because they bother to make it look like a baseball uniform rather than just some warmup pullover someone got from the rack in the locker room. There’s a formality to it that works.
That said: the Royals have almost always looked snazzy over the course of their history, even when they went with blue shirts (their powder blues were better than just about everyone else’s). Their only missteps have been the vests and the black accent colors from the early 2000s.
I am kinda surprised to see that this is the first time they’ve ever used the KC logo on the actual jerseys. All in all? Pretty good, if one insists on not wearing road grays.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)