Nov 25, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Released via Royals Twitter:
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) November 25, 2013
With the understanding being that, as a rule, I hate the solid tops/different color pants combos, this one is probably one of the better alternates of that style out there. Mostly because they bother to make it look like a baseball uniform rather than just some warmup pullover someone got from the rack in the locker room. There’s a formality to it that works.
That said: the Royals have almost always looked snazzy over the course of their history, even when they went with blue shirts (their powder blues were better than just about everyone else’s). Their only missteps have been the vests and the black accent colors from the early 2000s.
I am kinda surprised to see that this is the first time they’ve ever used the KC logo on the actual jerseys. All in all? Pretty good, if one insists on not wearing road grays.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)