Nov 25, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Released via Royals Twitter:
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) November 25, 2013
With the understanding being that, as a rule, I hate the solid tops/different color pants combos, this one is probably one of the better alternates of that style out there. Mostly because they bother to make it look like a baseball uniform rather than just some warmup pullover someone got from the rack in the locker room. There’s a formality to it that works.
That said: the Royals have almost always looked snazzy over the course of their history, even when they went with blue shirts (their powder blues were better than just about everyone else’s). Their only missteps have been the vests and the black accent colors from the early 2000s.
I am kinda surprised to see that this is the first time they’ve ever used the KC logo on the actual jerseys. All in all? Pretty good, if one insists on not wearing road grays.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 47
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 99
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)