Nov 25, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Released via Royals Twitter:
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) November 25, 2013
With the understanding being that, as a rule, I hate the solid tops/different color pants combos, this one is probably one of the better alternates of that style out there. Mostly because they bother to make it look like a baseball uniform rather than just some warmup pullover someone got from the rack in the locker room. There’s a formality to it that works.
That said: the Royals have almost always looked snazzy over the course of their history, even when they went with blue shirts (their powder blues were better than just about everyone else’s). Their only missteps have been the vests and the black accent colors from the early 2000s.
I am kinda surprised to see that this is the first time they’ve ever used the KC logo on the actual jerseys. All in all? Pretty good, if one insists on not wearing road grays.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 33
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (189)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)