Nov 26, 2013, 10:04 AM EST
Mark Teixeira appeared on the YES Network last night and said that he hopes to be “swinging full-speed” in January. Of course swinging full-speed last March is what got him into this mess in the first place, but let us not dwell on that for the time being.
Teixeira, as you know, suffered a torn tendon sheath while preparing to play in the World Baseball Classic last spring. It did not respond well to treatment and he ended up having surgery over the summer. He now thinks he can be playing in spring training games by March.
Sadly, Teixiera’s timetables have not lived up to expectations, so the Yankees would do well not to count on him as their everyday first baseman.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)