Nov 26, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
As first reported by Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the Pirates have reached agreement with right-hander Cody Eppley on a minor league contract with a non-roster invite to spring training.
Eppley had a solid season out of the Yankees’ bullpen in 2012, posting a 3.33 ERA in 46 innings. But he spent the majority of 2013 at Triple-A and the results there weren’t great. The 28-year-old owns a 4.61 ERA in 56 2/3 career major league frames.
The Pirates also signed catcher Nevin Ashley to a minor league contract on Tuesday.
Ashley also received an invitation to spring training.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 41
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)