Nov 26, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
As first reported by Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the Pirates have reached agreement with right-hander Cody Eppley on a minor league contract with a non-roster invite to spring training.
Eppley had a solid season out of the Yankees’ bullpen in 2012, posting a 3.33 ERA in 46 innings. But he spent the majority of 2013 at Triple-A and the results there weren’t great. The 28-year-old owns a 4.61 ERA in 56 2/3 career major league frames.
The Pirates also signed catcher Nevin Ashley to a minor league contract on Tuesday.
Ashley also received an invitation to spring training.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17