Nov 26, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
As first reported by Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the Pirates have reached agreement with right-hander Cody Eppley on a minor league contract with a non-roster invite to spring training.
Eppley had a solid season out of the Yankees’ bullpen in 2012, posting a 3.33 ERA in 46 innings. But he spent the majority of 2013 at Triple-A and the results there weren’t great. The 28-year-old owns a 4.61 ERA in 56 2/3 career major league frames.
The Pirates also signed catcher Nevin Ashley to a minor league contract on Tuesday.
Ashley also received an invitation to spring training.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)