Nov 26, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
In addition to their “heavy interest” in Justin Morneau the Rockies are also involved in trade talks for Mark Trumbo of the Angels and various Royals relievers, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
And what would Colorado be giving up in a potential swap? Renck reports that “opposing executives have said for weeks that the Rockies are open to trading Dexter Fowler” and might be willing to shift Carlos Gonzalez to center field if needed.
How much value Fowler has across the league is an interesting question, because while he’s a 27-year-old center fielder with a varied skill set he’s also expensive and close to free agency. Plus, away from Coors Field he’s hit just .241 with a .694 OPS for his career, compared to .298 with an .880 OPS in Colorado.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)