Nov 26, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
In addition to their “heavy interest” in Justin Morneau the Rockies are also involved in trade talks for Mark Trumbo of the Angels and various Royals relievers, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
And what would Colorado be giving up in a potential swap? Renck reports that “opposing executives have said for weeks that the Rockies are open to trading Dexter Fowler” and might be willing to shift Carlos Gonzalez to center field if needed.
How much value Fowler has across the league is an interesting question, because while he’s a 27-year-old center fielder with a varied skill set he’s also expensive and close to free agency. Plus, away from Coors Field he’s hit just .241 with a .694 OPS for his career, compared to .298 with an .880 OPS in Colorado.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)