Nov 26, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
In addition to their “heavy interest” in Justin Morneau the Rockies are also involved in trade talks for Mark Trumbo of the Angels and various Royals relievers, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
And what would Colorado be giving up in a potential swap? Renck reports that “opposing executives have said for weeks that the Rockies are open to trading Dexter Fowler” and might be willing to shift Carlos Gonzalez to center field if needed.
How much value Fowler has across the league is an interesting question, because while he’s a 27-year-old center fielder with a varied skill set he’s also expensive and close to free agency. Plus, away from Coors Field he’s hit just .241 with a .694 OPS for his career, compared to .298 with an .880 OPS in Colorado.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)