Nov 26, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
In addition to their “heavy interest” in Justin Morneau the Rockies are also involved in trade talks for Mark Trumbo of the Angels and various Royals relievers, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
And what would Colorado be giving up in a potential swap? Renck reports that “opposing executives have said for weeks that the Rockies are open to trading Dexter Fowler” and might be willing to shift Carlos Gonzalez to center field if needed.
How much value Fowler has across the league is an interesting question, because while he’s a 27-year-old center fielder with a varied skill set he’s also expensive and close to free agency. Plus, away from Coors Field he’s hit just .241 with a .694 OPS for his career, compared to .298 with an .880 OPS in Colorado.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)