Nov 26, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
In addition to their “heavy interest” in Justin Morneau the Rockies are also involved in trade talks for Mark Trumbo of the Angels and various Royals relievers, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
And what would Colorado be giving up in a potential swap? Renck reports that “opposing executives have said for weeks that the Rockies are open to trading Dexter Fowler” and might be willing to shift Carlos Gonzalez to center field if needed.
How much value Fowler has across the league is an interesting question, because while he’s a 27-year-old center fielder with a varied skill set he’s also expensive and close to free agency. Plus, away from Coors Field he’s hit just .241 with a .694 OPS for his career, compared to .298 with an .880 OPS in Colorado.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)