The Rockies have “heavy interest” in Justin Morneau

Nov 26, 2013, 12:31 PM EST

morneau getty Getty Images

Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have “heavy interest” in free agent first baseman Justin Morneau. I’m going to assume he said “heavy” like a caricature of some hippie. Maybe the record producer guy from the “Johnny Bravo” episode of the Brady Bunch. Loved that guy.

Anyway: Morneau might do well in a hitter friendly park like Coors Field. And he’s likely not going to cost as much or demand as long a deal as some of the other power bats on the market. Maybe his best days are behind him, but there’s a potential for a bounce back. Right?

Heavy.

1. xjokerz - Nov 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I’m surprised Michael Cuddyer doesn’t call him up and say ” Look at what coorsfield did to me ”
    the days of the M&M boys are long gone, but Coorsfield has a way of making a decent hitter into a good hitter.

• kyzslew77 - Nov 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

How in the world did you confuse the Blake Street Bombers with two guys who played for the Yankees more than 50 years ago?

• thepoolshark - Nov 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Hey, I’m STILL an “M&M guy”, when I don’t have a bag of TWIXT handy

2. historiophiliac - Nov 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Yea! An interest thermometer…er, scales. I like it.

3. shanabartels - Nov 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Craig, I’m very disappointed that you didn’t use a photo of Marty McFly.

That’s heavy.

4. tfbuckfutter - Nov 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hey, is that George Glass standing on the left side of the photo talking to that black guy?

• historiophiliac - Nov 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Are you saying Jan Brady made up George Glass so she could date a black guy?

• tfbuckfutter - Nov 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I’m saying I think that black guy is Bobby’s friend from the Joe Namath episode.

5. auggie1955 - Nov 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Morneau was always one of my favorite players prior to his concussion. He would always kill the White Sox, which as a Cub fan, gave me something to cheer about. I think playing in Coors would help him return to the power threat he was with the Twins.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5505)