Nov 26, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have “heavy interest” in free agent first baseman Justin Morneau. I’m going to assume he said “heavy” like a caricature of some hippie. Maybe the record producer guy from the “Johnny Bravo” episode of the Brady Bunch. Loved that guy.
Anyway: Morneau might do well in a hitter friendly park like Coors Field. And he’s likely not going to cost as much or demand as long a deal as some of the other power bats on the market. Maybe his best days are behind him, but there’s a potential for a bounce back. Right?
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 50
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)