Nov 26, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have “heavy interest” in free agent first baseman Justin Morneau. I’m going to assume he said “heavy” like a caricature of some hippie. Maybe the record producer guy from the “Johnny Bravo” episode of the Brady Bunch. Loved that guy.
Anyway: Morneau might do well in a hitter friendly park like Coors Field. And he’s likely not going to cost as much or demand as long a deal as some of the other power bats on the market. Maybe his best days are behind him, but there’s a potential for a bounce back. Right?
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)