Nov 26, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have “heavy interest” in free agent first baseman Justin Morneau. I’m going to assume he said “heavy” like a caricature of some hippie. Maybe the record producer guy from the “Johnny Bravo” episode of the Brady Bunch. Loved that guy.
Anyway: Morneau might do well in a hitter friendly park like Coors Field. And he’s likely not going to cost as much or demand as long a deal as some of the other power bats on the market. Maybe his best days are behind him, but there’s a potential for a bounce back. Right?
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)