Nov 26, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran has been linked to multiple teams, with the latest being the Mariners, but George King of the New York Post writes that the Yankees are the favorites to sign the 36-year-old switch-hitter.
King reports that Beltran wants a three-year deal and the Yankees are pushing for a two-year deal, but “the industry buzz is the sides will eventually find common ground.”
Robinson Cano is obviously the biggest domino in the Yankees’ offseason plans, but New York has already added catcher Brian McCann on a five-year, $85 million contract and is clearly active pursuing other big-money free agents.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17