Nov 27, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
The outcome was never in doubt and no popular and organized opposition ever materialized anyway, so the Braves’ move to Cobb County is a go:
A crucial vote passed Tuesday night, which directs $300 million in taxpayer dollars to the development, and paves the way for the Braves move from downtown Atlanta to the northern suburbs, the Cobb County Commission said. This vote comes just two weeks and a day after the Braves made the stunning announcement that the team was moving from downtown Atlanta.
With that done, the next step — at least as far as all of us are concerned — is for them to release renderings of the ballpark. Here’s hoping it’s actually architecturally cool and interesting not just some amalgamation of luxuries, conveniences and inapt retroisms.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)