Nov 27, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
The outcome was never in doubt and no popular and organized opposition ever materialized anyway, so the Braves’ move to Cobb County is a go:
A crucial vote passed Tuesday night, which directs $300 million in taxpayer dollars to the development, and paves the way for the Braves move from downtown Atlanta to the northern suburbs, the Cobb County Commission said. This vote comes just two weeks and a day after the Braves made the stunning announcement that the team was moving from downtown Atlanta.
With that done, the next step — at least as far as all of us are concerned — is for them to release renderings of the ballpark. Here’s hoping it’s actually architecturally cool and interesting not just some amalgamation of luxuries, conveniences and inapt retroisms.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 23
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 66
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)