Nov 27, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
From beat writer Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona …
#Dbacks to name Mike Harkey pitching coach, sources with knowledge say. Monday announcement likely.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) November 28, 2013
Harkey had been serving as the Yankees’ bullpen coach since 2008. He was a first-round pick of the Chicago Cubs in the 1987 MLB Amateur Draft and enjoyed an eight-year career at the major league level.
The Diamondbacks hired former Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan earlier this month to function as a special coaching assistant. Duncan will presumably work closely with Harkey this year in Arizona.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 44
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 74
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 12
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)