Nov 27, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
From beat writer Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona …
#Dbacks to name Mike Harkey pitching coach, sources with knowledge say. Monday announcement likely.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) November 28, 2013
Harkey had been serving as the Yankees’ bullpen coach since 2008. He was a first-round pick of the Chicago Cubs in the 1987 MLB Amateur Draft and enjoyed an eight-year career at the major league level.
The Diamondbacks hired former Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan earlier this month to function as a special coaching assistant. Duncan will presumably work closely with Harkey this year in Arizona.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)