Nov 27, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
From beat writer Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona …
#Dbacks to name Mike Harkey pitching coach, sources with knowledge say. Monday announcement likely.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) November 28, 2013
Harkey had been serving as the Yankees’ bullpen coach since 2008. He was a first-round pick of the Chicago Cubs in the 1987 MLB Amateur Draft and enjoyed an eight-year career at the major league level.
The Diamondbacks hired former Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan earlier this month to function as a special coaching assistant. Duncan will presumably work closely with Harkey this year in Arizona.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)