Nov 27, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
From beat writer Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona …
#Dbacks to name Mike Harkey pitching coach, sources with knowledge say. Monday announcement likely.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) November 28, 2013
Harkey had been serving as the Yankees’ bullpen coach since 2008. He was a first-round pick of the Chicago Cubs in the 1987 MLB Amateur Draft and enjoyed an eight-year career at the major league level.
The Diamondbacks hired former Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan earlier this month to function as a special coaching assistant. Duncan will presumably work closely with Harkey this year in Arizona.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 22
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 138
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)