Nov 27, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
From beat writer Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona …
#Dbacks to name Mike Harkey pitching coach, sources with knowledge say. Monday announcement likely.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) November 28, 2013
Harkey had been serving as the Yankees’ bullpen coach since 2008. He was a first-round pick of the Chicago Cubs in the 1987 MLB Amateur Draft and enjoyed an eight-year career at the major league level.
The Diamondbacks hired former Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan earlier this month to function as a special coaching assistant. Duncan will presumably work closely with Harkey this year in Arizona.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)