Nov 27, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
This is probably a relief to everyone in the Tigers organization, who you have to figure WANT Cabrera to play first base now that Prince Fielder is gone. And want to have third base open for prospect Nick Castellanos. But some recent statements about how the Tigers have not yet decided the matter suggest that, maybe, the team was waiting to make sure they were on the same page with the reigning two-time MVP before committing to it.
With Cabrera going on record in this way, you can bet your bippy that he’ll be the Tigers first baseman come Opening Day.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)