Nov 27, 2013, 4:51 PM EST
This is probably a relief to everyone in the Tigers organization, who you have to figure WANT Cabrera to play first base now that Prince Fielder is gone. And want to have third base open for prospect Nick Castellanos. But some recent statements about how the Tigers have not yet decided the matter suggest that, maybe, the team was waiting to make sure they were on the same page with the reigning two-time MVP before committing to it.
With Cabrera going on record in this way, you can bet your bippy that he’ll be the Tigers first baseman come Opening Day.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)