Nov 27, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
This is probably a relief to everyone in the Tigers organization, who you have to figure WANT Cabrera to play first base now that Prince Fielder is gone. And want to have third base open for prospect Nick Castellanos. But some recent statements about how the Tigers have not yet decided the matter suggest that, maybe, the team was waiting to make sure they were on the same page with the reigning two-time MVP before committing to it.
With Cabrera going on record in this way, you can bet your bippy that he’ll be the Tigers first baseman come Opening Day.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 0
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 6
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 58
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 23
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)