Nov 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Parra was once a promising young starter for the Brewers, but control problems and injuries wiped away most of that potential. He shifted to the bullpen full time in 2012 and has been pretty solid, throwing 105 innings with a 4.30 ERA and 117/50 K/BB ratio.
That includes a 3.33 ERA and 56/15 K/BB ratio in 47 innings for the Reds this year, so he’ll return to the same middle relief role in Cincinnati’s bullpen.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)