Nov 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Parra was once a promising young starter for the Brewers, but control problems and injuries wiped away most of that potential. He shifted to the bullpen full time in 2012 and has been pretty solid, throwing 105 innings with a 4.30 ERA and 117/50 K/BB ratio.
That includes a 3.33 ERA and 56/15 K/BB ratio in 47 innings for the Reds this year, so he’ll return to the same middle relief role in Cincinnati’s bullpen.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)