Nov 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Parra was once a promising young starter for the Brewers, but control problems and injuries wiped away most of that potential. He shifted to the bullpen full time in 2012 and has been pretty solid, throwing 105 innings with a 4.30 ERA and 117/50 K/BB ratio.
That includes a 3.33 ERA and 56/15 K/BB ratio in 47 innings for the Reds this year, so he’ll return to the same middle relief role in Cincinnati’s bullpen.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 63
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)