Nov 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Parra was once a promising young starter for the Brewers, but control problems and injuries wiped away most of that potential. He shifted to the bullpen full time in 2012 and has been pretty solid, throwing 105 innings with a 4.30 ERA and 117/50 K/BB ratio.
That includes a 3.33 ERA and 56/15 K/BB ratio in 47 innings for the Reds this year, so he’ll return to the same middle relief role in Cincinnati’s bullpen.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120