Nov 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Parra was once a promising young starter for the Brewers, but control problems and injuries wiped away most of that potential. He shifted to the bullpen full time in 2012 and has been pretty solid, throwing 105 innings with a 4.30 ERA and 117/50 K/BB ratio.
That includes a 3.33 ERA and 56/15 K/BB ratio in 47 innings for the Reds this year, so he’ll return to the same middle relief role in Cincinnati’s bullpen.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 93
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (95)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)