Nov 27, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors is hearing some buzz:
Heard from a rival team the Twins are close to a major free agent signing. Name is unknown at this time.
— timdierkes (@timdierkes) November 27, 2013
It’d be somewhat surprising to see the Twins sign a “major” free agent, as they have not been in the deep end of the free agent pool for a few years. But as Dierkes notes, the Twins have been linked to several free agent pitchers in recent days, including Matt Garza, Bronson Arroyo and Ricky Nolasco. There was also a report linking them and Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who would make sense now that Joe Mauer has been moved to first base.
Because it’s the Twins, my money would be on a soft-tossing righty. They love soft-tossing righties.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)