Nov 27, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors is hearing some buzz:
Heard from a rival team the Twins are close to a major free agent signing. Name is unknown at this time.
— timdierkes (@timdierkes) November 27, 2013
It’d be somewhat surprising to see the Twins sign a “major” free agent, as they have not been in the deep end of the free agent pool for a few years. But as Dierkes notes, the Twins have been linked to several free agent pitchers in recent days, including Matt Garza, Bronson Arroyo and Ricky Nolasco. There was also a report linking them and Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who would make sense now that Joe Mauer has been moved to first base.
Because it’s the Twins, my money would be on a soft-tossing righty. They love soft-tossing righties.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)