Nov 27, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors is hearing some buzz:
Heard from a rival team the Twins are close to a major free agent signing. Name is unknown at this time.
— timdierkes (@timdierkes) November 27, 2013
It’d be somewhat surprising to see the Twins sign a “major” free agent, as they have not been in the deep end of the free agent pool for a few years. But as Dierkes notes, the Twins have been linked to several free agent pitchers in recent days, including Matt Garza, Bronson Arroyo and Ricky Nolasco. There was also a report linking them and Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who would make sense now that Joe Mauer has been moved to first base.
Because it’s the Twins, my money would be on a soft-tossing righty. They love soft-tossing righties.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 20
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 10
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)