Nov 27, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
Man, all that neck-nerve cauterization for nothing. Ouch:
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) November 27, 2013
Lilly was trying to prove he was healthy and effective down in Venezuela, but it apparently wasn’t going well. In the bigs he’s made just 13 starts over the last two seasons due to neck and shoulder injuries and posted a 5.09 ERA (71 ERA+) in 23 innings in 2013 for the Dodgers before being released.
For his career, Lilly finishes 130-113 with a 4.14 ERA in 1982.2 innings pitched across 15 seasons.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)