Nov 27, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Man, all that neck-nerve cauterization for nothing. Ouch:
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) November 27, 2013
Lilly was trying to prove he was healthy and effective down in Venezuela, but it apparently wasn’t going well. In the bigs he’s made just 13 starts over the last two seasons due to neck and shoulder injuries and posted a 5.09 ERA (71 ERA+) in 23 innings in 2013 for the Dodgers before being released.
For his career, Lilly finishes 130-113 with a 4.14 ERA in 1982.2 innings pitched across 15 seasons.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)