Nov 27, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Man, all that neck-nerve cauterization for nothing. Ouch:
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) November 27, 2013
Lilly was trying to prove he was healthy and effective down in Venezuela, but it apparently wasn’t going well. In the bigs he’s made just 13 starts over the last two seasons due to neck and shoulder injuries and posted a 5.09 ERA (71 ERA+) in 23 innings in 2013 for the Dodgers before being released.
For his career, Lilly finishes 130-113 with a 4.14 ERA in 1982.2 innings pitched across 15 seasons.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)