Nov 27, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
He’s a Proven Closer, so maybe someone will bite. But the fact is that Johnson is going to get a big arbitration award this year and, big save numbers notwithstanding, is not some irreplaceable commodity. Of course, this isn’t 2001 anymore so it won’t be easy for Dan Duquette to find another GM who doesn’t know those things too. He may get offers, but they won’t be big.
Johnson led the league in saves with 51 in 2012 and 50 this past season. But he also led the league in blown saves in 2013.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)