Nov 27, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
He’s a Proven Closer, so maybe someone will bite. But the fact is that Johnson is going to get a big arbitration award this year and, big save numbers notwithstanding, is not some irreplaceable commodity. Of course, this isn’t 2001 anymore so it won’t be easy for Dan Duquette to find another GM who doesn’t know those things too. He may get offers, but they won’t be big.
Johnson led the league in saves with 51 in 2012 and 50 this past season. But he also led the league in blown saves in 2013.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (108)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)