Nov 27, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
He’s a Proven Closer, so maybe someone will bite. But the fact is that Johnson is going to get a big arbitration award this year and, big save numbers notwithstanding, is not some irreplaceable commodity. Of course, this isn’t 2001 anymore so it won’t be easy for Dan Duquette to find another GM who doesn’t know those things too. He may get offers, but they won’t be big.
Johnson led the league in saves with 51 in 2012 and 50 this past season. But he also led the league in blown saves in 2013.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)