Nov 27, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
He’s a Proven Closer, so maybe someone will bite. But the fact is that Johnson is going to get a big arbitration award this year and, big save numbers notwithstanding, is not some irreplaceable commodity. Of course, this isn’t 2001 anymore so it won’t be easy for Dan Duquette to find another GM who doesn’t know those things too. He may get offers, but they won’t be big.
Johnson led the league in saves with 51 in 2012 and 50 this past season. But he also led the league in blown saves in 2013.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (156)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)