Nov 27, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The big mystery lasted only a handful of minutes.
According to Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish, the Twins have reached agreement on a contract with free agent right-hander Ricky Nolasco. Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports says it’s a four-year, $49 million deal with a club option for the 2018 season, the richest free agent contract in Twins franchise history.
Nolasco, 30, registered a steady 3.70 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 165/46 K/BB ratio in 199 1/3 innings this past season between the Marlins and Dodgers. He doesn’t fit the recent Minnesota starting pitcher profilewhich is a very good thing for Twins fans.
The Twins had a 4.55 staff ERA in 2013, ranking 29th out of the 30 major league teams.
They were the only big league club to finish with fewer than 1,000 total strikeouts.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)