Nov 28, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
San Francisco continues to work on solidifying its rotation even after re-signing Tim Lincecum and adding Tim Hudson, with Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reporting that the Giants are “working toward” a deal to bring back right-hander Ryan Vogelsong.
Vogelsong became a free agent after the Giants declined his $6.5 million option for 2014 following a rough year in which he posted a 5.73 ERA in 19 starts at age 35. His strikeout rate took a nosedive, his average fastball velocity fell below 90 miles per hour, and Vogelsong’s secondary numbers weren’t a whole lot more promising than his ugly ERA.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)