Nov 28, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
San Francisco continues to work on solidifying its rotation even after re-signing Tim Lincecum and adding Tim Hudson, with Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reporting that the Giants are “working toward” a deal to bring back right-hander Ryan Vogelsong.
Vogelsong became a free agent after the Giants declined his $6.5 million option for 2014 following a rough year in which he posted a 5.73 ERA in 19 starts at age 35. His strikeout rate took a nosedive, his average fastball velocity fell below 90 miles per hour, and Vogelsong’s secondary numbers weren’t a whole lot more promising than his ugly ERA.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)