Nov 28, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
San Francisco continues to work on solidifying its rotation even after re-signing Tim Lincecum and adding Tim Hudson, with Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reporting that the Giants are “working toward” a deal to bring back right-hander Ryan Vogelsong.
Vogelsong became a free agent after the Giants declined his $6.5 million option for 2014 following a rough year in which he posted a 5.73 ERA in 19 starts at age 35. His strikeout rate took a nosedive, his average fastball velocity fell below 90 miles per hour, and Vogelsong’s secondary numbers weren’t a whole lot more promising than his ugly ERA.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 9
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 15
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 35
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)