Nov 28, 2013, 10:25 AM EST
San Francisco continues to work on solidifying its rotation even after re-signing Tim Lincecum and adding Tim Hudson, with Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reporting that the Giants are “working toward” a deal to bring back right-hander Ryan Vogelsong.
Vogelsong became a free agent after the Giants declined his $6.5 million option for 2014 following a rough year in which he posted a 5.73 ERA in 19 starts at age 35. His strikeout rate took a nosedive, his average fastball velocity fell below 90 miles per hour, and Vogelsong’s secondary numbers weren’t a whole lot more promising than his ugly ERA.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)