Nov 29, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
They moved the fences in and David Wright — the guy considered to be most affected by Citi Field’s dimensions — signed a long term deal. But Kristie Ackert of the Daily News says that free agent hitters are still wary of signing with the Mets because of the ballpark:
Two agents representing players the Mets have talked to this offseason admitted privately that the ballpark’s reputation is something that their clients have had questions about this offseason.
“It’s something that is still in the (players’) heads out there, that it’s a tough park to hit in,” said one agent, who requested anonymity to protect his clients. “They see what David Wright went through there and it makes them a little nervous I think.”
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/lost-citi-mets-cavernous-park-bad-rep-article-1.1531646#ixzz2m41VvBE8Funny, I figure the Mets not spending any money on anyone and not looking like contenders would scare more guys off, but if they’d rather cite the park than the club who’s to say they’re lying?
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)