Nov 29, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we learned that it was close, today it happened: The Giants and Ryan Vogelsong have reached agreement on a one-year deal. The details have yet to be released, but it was reported that the sides were discussing a deal north of $3 million base with incentives that could take it up in the $7-8 million range. He had a $6.5 million option for 2014 which the Giants recently declined.
2013 was rough for Vogelsong. He posted a 5.73 ERA in 19 starts with his velocity and strikeout rates each declining sharply. Still, he’s expected to only be the fifth starter, so as long as he stays healthy and eats innings, he’ll be useful.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)