Nov 29, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we learned that it was close, today it happened: The Giants and Ryan Vogelsong have reached agreement on a one-year deal. The details have yet to be released, but it was reported that the sides were discussing a deal north of $3 million base with incentives that could take it up in the $7-8 million range. He had a $6.5 million option for 2014 which the Giants recently declined.
2013 was rough for Vogelsong. He posted a 5.73 ERA in 19 starts with his velocity and strikeout rates each declining sharply. Still, he’s expected to only be the fifth starter, so as long as he stays healthy and eats innings, he’ll be useful.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 26
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)