Nov 29, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Black Friday door-buster deals! An outfielder for a mere $700k!
— BHSC (@BHSCouncil) November 29, 2013
Baxter was claimed by the Dodgers off waivers from the Mets in October. He was arbitration eligible for the first time as a super two. He showed a lot of promise in 2011 and 2012, posting a .363 OBP in 251 plate appearances. In 2013 he was pretty terrible, though, batting .189 and posting an OBP of .303.
He’s worth a $700K gamble, however, especially if the Dodgers either trade and outfielder or, as has been the case much of the past couple of seasons, they need a one or two hundred plate appearances from a reserve to cover for Matt Kemp or Carl Crawford injuries.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)