Nov 29, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Black Friday door-buster deals! An outfielder for a mere $700k!
— BHSC (@BHSCouncil) November 29, 2013
Baxter was claimed by the Dodgers off waivers from the Mets in October. He was arbitration eligible for the first time as a super two. He showed a lot of promise in 2011 and 2012, posting a .363 OBP in 251 plate appearances. In 2013 he was pretty terrible, though, batting .189 and posting an OBP of .303.
He’s worth a $700K gamble, however, especially if the Dodgers either trade and outfielder or, as has been the case much of the past couple of seasons, they need a one or two hundred plate appearances from a reserve to cover for Matt Kemp or Carl Crawford injuries.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 64
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 70
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)